SVS has partnered with Inside Out and Second Harvest Food Bank to offer two service opportunities for their annual MLK Day of Service! Please meet at the Office of Student Life (SC 133) in the Student Center by 8:15 AM on Monday, January 16th to join us. Transportation provided by SVS.
What volunteers going to Inside Out can expect:
Volunteers will work in a community kitchen preparing meals for food-insecure children. Activities include baking muffins, chopping vegetables, and packaging meals. Participant do not need any prior experience with food/cooking to volunteer.
All participants must wear closed-toe shoes, pants and t-shirt, and hat/ hair-restraint. Participants should refrain from wearing jewelry or fragrances.
What volunteers going to Second Harvest can expect:
Second Harvest will host 25 students at their facilities to participate in the packaging of produce and non-perishable food items in addition to other on-site tasks. SVS will provide bus transportation to and from the facility starting at the Student Center.
- Volunteers must wear sturdy closed toed shoes (no crocs, sandals or flip flops).
- Volunteers will dress comfortably and appropriately for warehouse type work with food products (no shorts or skirts above 6" from knee, no midriff/belly exposed, no spaghetti straps or tank tops).
- Volunteers will often need to wear gloves and change them as needed (non-latex gloves available).
- We ask that you wrap up the task you are working on about 10 min. before you need to leave and help with clean up as well as sanitize your area.
If you need any accommodations, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1/12 at 5:00 PM and we will do our best to make the necessary changes.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, we ask you not to register. We are doing all we can to align with best practices and keep our community healthy.
|Shift||Start Time||End Time||Description||Registrants Needed|
|Inside Out||8:30am (ET)||12:30pm (ET)||SVS has partnered with Inside Out for one of two service opportunities for their annual MLK Day of Service. Volunteers will work in a community kitchen preparing meals for food-insecure children. SVS will provide transportation to and from the Inside Out facilities starting at the Student Center.Activities include baking muffins,...||8/8||Over|
|Second Harvest Food Bank||8:30am (ET)||12:30pm (ET)||Second Harvest will host 25 students at their facilities to participate in the packaging of produce and non-perishable food items in addition to other on-site tasks. SVS will provide bus transportation to and from the facility starting at the Student Center. Requirement Details Volunteers must wear sturdy closed toed shoes (no...||25/25||Over|