A licensed child-care center providing quality, affordable child care to children between the ages of three and six, 95% of who come from low-income families and 15% of who are referred to the center due to abuse or neglect. Volunteers will work assisting teachers with food service, clean-up, circle/story time with children. Duties also include interacting with the children in learning centers. Ages of children range from 6 weeks-5 years old, year round. United Day Care is a smoke and drug free facility where staff & volunteers are expected to dress in comfortable, professional and appropriate clothing.
Before volunteering at United Day Care you must: (this is for anyone at the building eight hours or more a month.)
- be at least 18 years of age
- have a CURRENT negative TB test prior to beginning work
- have a state police criminal history check
- participate in an orientation
- have a child protection check (done through United Day Care)
- have a drug screen – you can get it at Midwest Health Strategies, call 765-751-3303 for more information
- have a current physical (it cannot be more than 3 months old)
*** All requirements are at volunteer's own cost, except for Indiana limited criminal history check which will be done by SVS (however, if you live outside of Indiana, you will be required to provide a background check from your home state at your own cost) and the TB test which you can obtain at the Ball State Health Center.***
This site is willing to take one time or short term volunteers for additional service learning hours.